Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controller does not register inputs after reconnected (after being turned off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by WilliamTael View Post
    Have you tried using the mouse on gyro setting on Steam or Cemu?
    Can you rephrase that or explain it in more details, please?

Comment

Originally Posted by WilliamTael View Post
      I suggest disabling the ZL gyro activator function.
      I am not sure if I understood you. Are you about this calibration or something else?

Click image for larger version

Name:	4f7a729992.png
Views:	413
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	233087

At the moment, we are checking the raw input of the device, without any other remappers or emulators.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
        Can you rephrase that or explain it in more details, please?
        There's an option o Steam controller settings that you can click on the gyro symbol and set it to work as a mouse.
        Map the other control buttons to keyboard keys and use HidHide to hide the controller buttons from being detected on the game you're going to launch via Steam.
        That way you can test the gyro as a mouse on games that don't support gyro and compare how well this gyro to mouse conversion works on Steam and on ReWASD (with Steam closed).

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

I am not sure if I understood you. Are you about this calibration or something else?
          At the moment, we are checking the raw input of the device, without any other remappers or emulators.
          No. I meant there's an option on the controller manual that says how you can change gyro sensitivity.
          Ok, no emulators at this moment, I got it. Try Steam and map the gyro to mouse with buttons to keyboard keys, using HidHide to prevent the game from detecting the real controller.
          That way you'll see the difference on how gyro behaves on Steam and then ReWASD.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the tip, will try to change the sensitivity this way.

We do not test other apps because we already understand right now that we see the gyro with abnormal sensitivity. We will try to find the workaround for this case. Stay tuned to the updates

Comment

Hey there!

We have released a new special reWASD edition — and it includes the fix for the issue with Gulikit Kingkong 2 Pro reconnect.

We have made a research, and at the moment, we won't be able to remap the gyro properly as for the device works differently, it is not the same as Switch Pro. I am not sure if it is possible to support this device fully in the future, but we will certainly do our best.

Comment

Hey there!

We have released a new special reWASD edition — and it includes the fix for the issue with Gulikit Kingkong 2 Pro reconnect.

We have made a research, and at the moment, we won't be able to remap the gyro properly as for the device works differently, it is not the same as Switch Pro. I am not sure if it is possible to support this device fully in the future, but we will certainly do our best.

Nice! Thank you!

Comment

I do not want to argue with you regarding the influence of third-party programs on the operation of reWASD and controllers in general. It's just that while third-party remappers or their drivers are in the system, it's hard to believe that the input disappearance problems are related to our application.

attwifimanager
                  ​
                  ​charter spectrum login

​
                  Last edited by ladkii; 29.12.2022, 16:08.

Comment

Probably, I missed something.

Which application is you talking about?
                    Thanks

Comment

Hey there!

Hi, I've just purchased the app (full pack), and reWASD is awesome. But I'm still learning about how to use all of these options and have found this thread. It is relatively fresh.

I'm concerned about this comment https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...586#post233586 about the support of Gulikit King Kong 2 Pro. This controller seems to be kinda popular. I read that you have it guys in your lab but it is not listed as supported in your documentation.

Also, I want to point out that it has some recent firmware updates (v.4.7 - basic firmware, CPU - v.1.16). I saw in the changelog that there were some changes with gyro (seems 4.6), also connectivity was fixed in CPU 1.16. See: https://gulikit.com/Download

Could you describe to me the issue I might experience with this controller?​ Maybe I need to use it only with specific settings configured within the controller itself (e.g. sensitivity) or the latest firmware.

Comment

Hello

I would appreciate it if you could let us know how Gulikit King Kong 2 Pro controller is shown in reWASD

Comment

We checked this device before some time ago - it was recognized as Switch Pro controller in reWASD. But there was exactly problem with gyro - it reported gyro scale almost 3 times bigger than original Switch Pro gamepad and it caused serious issues with tilt detection in reWASD. Maybe they fixed it in later firmwares but we have no information.

Comment

It has 4 available modes to use:
                            - Nintendo Switch Pro (has gyro support) - I use it in most games
                            - X-Input (detected as Xbox 360) - I use it in racing games because of

- D-Input (detected as Ipega controller) - I don't use this mode
                            - Android/iOS/MacOS - I don't use this mode

The question is about Nintendo Switch Pro. It was reported that there are some issues and it is not a compatible list. I'm relatively new here (just bought a controller and app recently) but tried to play the game with Gyro - seems OK (not sure if all modes will be working fine). The matter is I don't know how it should be - that's why I'm asking. I can check some modes for gyro and report it here if needed.

P.S. When I bought it I updated the firmware (main one and for CPU) - maybe it fixed the issue (there were some statements that v4.6 fixed gyro).

Comment

We'll try to update our controller to latest firmware too and report to you later. Thank you for noting.

>The matter is I don't know how it should be - that's why I'm asking. I can check some modes for gyro and report it here if needed.
                              Please test gyro in tilt mode if there is any strange behaviour. Anything else should be fine.

EDIT:
                              We have flashed new firmware to this controller ( both CPU 1.16 and V4.7) and indeed gyro is a lot better now. It is still a bit higher than on original Switch Pro controller, but acceptable.
                              So you should be fine. One thing only we noted that rumble sometimes did not stop immediately. But maybe this won't bother you. So basically, in Switch mode this gamepad is compatible with reWASD.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                                X