• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, sorry, I didn't see the question involving updates
    My latest update is from last month, and the issue arose yesterday
    Before that I was able to use ReWASD just fine

Comment

Ok, thanks for checking.

Could you please now remove "C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD" and "C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD" folders and try to create the new configs?

Comment

After doing that, trying to create a profile results me with the "Unable to Create Folder" error I posted already

Comment

I see.

Could you please type "msinfo" in the Windows menu and choose File -> Save in the window that will be opened? Then, please send the *.nfo file to support-eml@disc-soft.com. We will get the information about your system and will try to reproduce the issue on our side.

In the meantime, I would kindly ask you to install the previous version on your PC to see if the same issue is occurred. You can find the previous builds in your personal account at https://www.daemon-tools.cc/account. If you are using the trial version and do not have the personal account yet, please let me know.

Comment

Just sent the e-mail.
            Also, I already tried installing the second latest version of ReWASD after I started having problems, it did not help (exact same problem), so hopefully the .nfo file will help solving the issue

Comment

Thanks a lot! We will get back to you tomorrow after checking the file. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, hope the issue will be solved asap.

Comment

No problem! Thanks for the help, hopefully I'll be able to use the app tomorrow

Comment

I need to ask you one more thing.

Could you please type Event Viewer in the Windows menu and save two files with logs: for Application and System sections in Windows Logs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	5bdac1f92d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	479.3 KB
ID:	200014

Please send them to support-eml@disc-soft.com too.

Comment

Sent the files

Comment

Thanks a lot for your cooperation. Will be back soon!

Comment

Originally Posted by FernandZero View Post
                        Sent the files
                        We have checked the system info files and have found several additional drivers that were installed to the system recently (on the 16th of March) and may have caused the issues with reWASD and other apps.

SpyHunter 5 appears to be very intrusive, and I would recommend you to remove it completely to check. According to the search, it may be hard to uninstall it completely, so maybe this guide will help you.

Malwarebytes is pretty intrusive too, so if you have installed it recently and didn't use before, I would kindly ask you to try to remove it for the testing purpose too.

Comment

I did not find SpyHunter even with the Bloatware remover or through control panel's uninstall tool. I actually can't find a single trace of it on my PC, so either it got installed through another program or I already uninstalled it
                          That being said, I erased the one mention I found of 'SpyHunter' in my Registry, and I did remove MalwareBytes from my system and tried again, got the same error

Comment

Also, another thing I checked after sending my last message. For whatever reason, ReWasd doesn't get recognized as a program in Programs and Features, when arttempting to uninstall, no matter which version I try to install. It doesn't even ask me to restart during installation

Comment

Originally Posted by FernandZero View Post
                              Also, another thing I checked after sending my last message. For whatever reason, ReWasd doesn't get recognized as a program in Programs and Features, when arttempting to uninstall, no matter which version I try to install. It doesn't even ask me to restart during installation
                              That is extremely strange. The installer ask for the reboot, and if you do not get this message, seems that the app is not installed properly. We clearly see numerous of potentially suspicious drivers in your system logs, so I would kindly ask you to check and uninstall all recent apps or - even better - restore the previous OS state or reinstall the system.

We are trying to reproduce the same issue on our side, but unfortunately for now with no luck.

Comment

Could you specifically say which programs I should delete? I have removed through the Control Panel all programs I installed after the 14th, which didn't work, so I dunno what else I should delete, and how I'd go about it
                                For now neither restoring my OS or reinstalling the system are options I can do

Comment

Working...
                                X