Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet Enhanced Shift mode & Flydigi controllers in reWASD 6.1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASDer
    replied
    Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
    It works if I have 2 different shifts. But if the two buttons go to the same shift, as soon as one releases, it goes back to the main layer.
    Am I right that you release the trigger? In this case, it seems to be a similar issue with the trackpad.
    I've tried your config with my Steam controller. Each time I release one of the controls while another one is still pressed, it changes to the Shift 1 immediately.

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied
    It works if I have 2 different shifts. But if the two buttons go to the same shift, as soon as one releases, it goes back to the main layer.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Hm, but at the same moment, you get back to the Shift, if the second button is still pressed. Do you get different behavior?

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied
    Thanks, the problem is with the release. For example, in this case, I want the gyro on if either of the touchpad or the left trigger are on. However, whenever you release either of them, it immediately switches you back to the main layer, even though the 'hold' for the still held button should in theory be active. Like I said, I have a workaround in this instance, but it would be good to have a preference for more complex behaviors.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied

Thanks, will investigate further and try to find if a find the culprit.
    And thanks again for implementing the tap events, it's really great to be able to do more with the touchpads finally!
    As to the exiting of shift layers when multiple buttons are mapped to a specific layer, it might be good to have a workaround for this scenario, specially since there are only 4 shift layers. Maybe a preference to not exit a shift layer if another held button for the same shift layer is being pressed, or something like that.
    We are planning to add more Shift layers in upcoming reWASD versions.

As for the ability to have the layer on, actually it works similar right now — if you have two Hold Jumps, and you do both: tap the trackpad and hold the trigger, then, once you release either of these controls, the second one sends you to the same Shift layer immediately. Which issues you are having with this config?

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied
    Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
    It's really weird that this only happens with the Steam controller.
    It doesn't look like the tools you mentioned create a more global conflict with reWASD, especially since there are no issues with other controllers. However, I don't know how to help you in this case.
    Thanks, will investigate further and try to find if a find the culprit.
    And thanks again for implementing the tap events, it's really great to be able to do more with the touchpads finally!
    As to the exiting of shift layers when multiple buttons are mapped to a specific layer, it might be good to have a workaround for this scenario, specially since there are only 4 shift layers. Maybe a preference to not exit a shift layer if another held button for the same shift layer is being pressed, or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• 1ncorrect
    replied
    It's really weird that this only happens with the Steam controller.
    It doesn't look like the tools you mentioned create a more global conflict with reWASD, especially since there are no issues with other controllers. However, I don't know how to help you in this case.

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied
    We've checked for issues with Shift layers switching on Start Press + Release Press activators. On the release of the button, a return to the main configuration always works, and the gyro stops working like a mouse.
    It seems that the matter is still related to the breaks in the input of your controller, with which you contacted us earlier.

As for the two modifiers for one shift layer in Hold mode:
    Your workaround with copying layers should work perfectly. Gyro will be active until both modifiers are released.
    Thanks, I think you are right, this might be still related to the breaks in input that I'm having. I have a hunch that the issue might be related to some of the drivers/software that I run that have other 'virtual' mouse inputs, as when I close some of the software that I run the issue is minimized or even eliminated. For some reason though, it only seems to affect the Steam Controller via rewasd, and not the Dualsense or the steamcontroller via steaminput. Some of the software that might be conflicting that I'm investigating is Joy2key (which I use only for my driving wheel), and SuperDisplay/SpaceDesk, which is a remoting software with touch/mouse input for tablets, which I use to control my desktop pc from any room in my apartment.

Leave a comment:

• 1ncorrect
    replied
    We've checked for issues with Shift layers switching on Start Press + Release Press activators. On the release of the button, a return to the main configuration always works, and the gyro stops working like a mouse.
    It seems that the matter is still related to the breaks in the input of your controller, with which you contacted us earlier.

As for the two modifiers for one shift layer in Hold mode:
    Your workaround with copying layers should work perfectly. Gyro will be active until both modifiers are released.

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
    Thanks, attached. I think I've found a workaround to do this though. If I copy my gyro shift layer to another shift layer, and assign a different layer to each button, then when I release any of the two buttons the gyro stays enabled. Haven't tested it properly so not sure if there is any disadvantage to this.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 1ncorrect
    replied
    Another problem that I have, is that I want the Left trigger and the touchpad press to both take you to the shift layer with the gyro. However, when you release either of them, it takes you back to shift layer 0. I would like to stay on shift layer 1 for as long as either one of the buttons is being pressed. Is there a way to do that?
    Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    ​​​​​​​I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied
    Another problem that I have, is that I want the Left trigger and the touchpad press to both take you to the shift layer with the gyro. However, when you release either of them, it takes you back to shift layer 0. I would like to stay on shift layer 1 for as long as either one of the buttons is being pressed. Is there a way to do that?

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied

To clarify, it works some of the times, but not always.

Leave a comment:

• flowerdealer
    replied
    Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
    Hello all — and flowerdealer especially

We have released the new build — 6.1.0.5615 — and it is already available on our official website. It includes several important fixes + it lets you use Tap as a Shift Jump.

Please re-download it manually, it won't be sent as an update this time.
    Thanks, just tested, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. My setup has the gyro set to 'on' by default. The shift layer 1 has the gyro mapped to mouse. The shift is set to 'custom', and the start press shifts to 1,and the release press shifts back to 0. However, the release press is not always returning to layer 0, and the gyro stays enabled.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Hello all — and flowerdealer especially

We have released the new build — 6.1.0.5615 — and it is already available on our official website. It includes several important fixes + it lets you use Tap as a Shift Jump.

Please re-download it manually, it won't be sent as an update this time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X