Clear All

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
    Good, thanks for sharing!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	QQ截图20201007154102.png
Views:	387
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	221852
    And I have another suggestion about the axis range. When I set the horizontal direction to 30 degrees, it means that I can't think of turning the horizontal direction to the upper right less than 15 degrees, which will cause a sudden change. Is it possible to compress the 90-degree interval to the remaining 60 degrees?

Comment

I'm sorry, it seems I can't understand you.

Ranges could be changed from 0 to 45 degrees only. Could you please draw what you want to get there?

Also, when you map the virtual mouse to the physical stick, it is highly recommended to set both ranges to zero, otherwise, you won't get flawless movement.

Comment

I'm sorry, it seems I can't understand you.

Ranges could be changed from 0 to 45 degrees only. Could you please draw what you want to get there?

Also, when you map the virtual mouse to the physical stick, it is highly recommended to set both ranges to zero, otherwise, you won't get flawless movement.
        Sorry, English is not my native language.

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	221880
        Take this picture as an example to establish a polar coordinate system. You can see that I set 0-15 degrees and 75-90 degrees range, it is completely horizontal and vertical.
        When input a value in this range, it is a 0 or 90 input.This means that I cannot input a real signal in this range, except for 0 and 90, all other signals are between 15-75. From the angle only, when I keep the x input unchanged and push the stick up, y gradually increases, and this angle will suddenly change from 0 to 15. I cannot input a signal like 8 or 83 or something else. Is it possible to map the range of 15-75 to the range of 0-90? (It does not specifically refer to 15 and 75, but refers to mapping the values outside the range to 0-90, so that these inputs covered by rang two will not be lost.)

I hope I made it clear this time If there are any questions, I will try to explain again. Thank you for your patience.

And is it possible to join your development team? I am also a programmer. Although my major is graphics, maybe I can also do some part-time development work. In addition, as a player who uses a controller, it is easier to understand the needs of some players.

Comment

I'm sorry, I still can't understand exactly what happens here.

Active, yellow zones on the screen, are the zones of stick, where all your mappings will work as a single direction.
          The darker zones are those ones where the directions will be mixed up.

In order to get a smooth mouse, you need to set both directions to zero, otherwise, you will get a jumping mouse (I think this is exactly what you get).

This option is created to make digital mappings (WASD) to work closer to analog mode.

For mouse, axes ranges should be set to zero always, and there is no other way to set them and get a movement without the jumps that happen when you go to the dark zone.

I may assume that you suggestion is about another feature we do not have here. Could you please explain me which final behavior you want to achieve?

Comment

And is it possible to join your development team? I am also a programmer. Although my major is graphics, maybe I can also do some part-time development work. In addition, as a player who uses a controller, it is easier to understand the needs of some players.
            That is great to know that you want to be a part of the team
            We do not have open positions at the moment and are trying to do our best with our current team, but we will certainly keep your suggestion in mind. Thank you!

Comment

I'm sorry, I still can't understand exactly what happens here.

Active, yellow zones on the screen, are the zones of stick, where all your mappings will work as a single direction.
              The darker zones are those ones where the directions will be mixed up.

In order to get a smooth mouse, you need to set both directions to zero, otherwise, you will get a jumping mouse (I think this is exactly what you get).

This option is created to make digital mappings (WASD) to work closer to analog mode.

For mouse, axes ranges should be set to zero always, and there is no other way to set them and get a movement without the jumps that happen when you go to the dark zone.

I may assume that you suggestion is about another feature we do not have here. Could you please explain me which final behavior you want to achieve?
              Let me give you an example to help you understand!

Suppose I set the axis range to 30 degrees, and in the upper right area it is 0-15 degrees and 75-90 degrees.
              Assuming that the raw input signal x=0.5 and y=0.182,
              the signal length is s*s = 0.5*0.5+0.182*0.182, s = 0.532, the angle is tan a = 0.364, a=20 degrees.
              Then the angle mapping result is ((20-15)/(90-30))*90 = 7.5 degree,
              and the final output result is
              x = s * sin a = 0.532 * sin 7.5º =0.532*0.13 = 0.069,
              y = s * cos a = 0.532 * cos 7.5º =0.532*0.99 = 0.527.

This example should help you understand what I said about the mapping from the 60-degree area to the 90-degree area. But my mapping function here is just an example. For example, when the player changes the horizontal and vertical scale, how to transform the mapping, this function needs to be further changed, and there should be a better solution, such as this in the battlefield. Function, there is an item called axial dead zone in the settings, but I can't test his specific mapping function.

Comment

I'm sorry, I still can't understand how the thing we have is related to what you are saying.

Could you please describe what you want to achieve in the end? Any specific deadzone shape, any specific behavior for the stick that moves slightly?

Axes range in reWASD just does what it does: shows and allows to change the zones in which the directional mapping is unique and in which zone it is summed up to use with digital mappings only.

Comment

I'm sorry, I still can't understand how the thing we have is related to what you are saying.

Could you please describe what you want to achieve in the end? Any specific deadzone shape, any specific behavior for the stick that moves slightly?

Axes range in reWASD just does what it does: shows and allows to change the zones in which the directional mapping is unique and in which zone it is summed up to use with digital mappings only.
                  The purpose of this function is to ensure that the axis range is set so that the mouse moves completely horizontally or vertically within this angle range, while the mouse can still be moved to any angle of 360 degrees in the remaining range. Map the remaining angles outside the axis range to 360 full angles.
                  For example, I set the axis range of 30 degrees. When I input -15 degrees to 15 degrees, it is completely to the right direction. When I input 20 degrees, the actual effect is equivalent to 7.5 degrees when the axis range is not set.
                  The current axis range setting will lcause the mouse to lose the direction within the setting range.
                  Also, can the speed of the mouse be doubled?
                  Last edited by ventus; 14.10.2020, 08:27.

Comment

Still can't understand?

Comment

Hey there!

I am sorry for my late reply, let me make one more guess

Do you want the axes range to look like this?

Name:	b1f3e1ad23.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	221995

Also, can the speed of the mouse be doubled?
                      Yes, this is possible. You should tune Sensitivity after you map your mouse to the stick here:

Name:	83872d751f.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	221996

Comment

Hey there!

I am sorry for my late reply, let me make one more guess

Do you want the axes range to look like this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	b1f3e1ad23.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	221995

Yes, this is possible. You should tune Sensitivity after you map your mouse to the stick here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	83872d751f.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.9 KB ID:	221996
                        No, you completely misunderstood what I mean.Follow my thoughts and calculate first.

First, when we input, we will get a pair of x and y native input values.

Then we calculate and convert the direction of the pair of (x,y)values to an angle(degree alpha).

If I set axis range as 30 degrees.So when I input an angle of 10 degrees, the output result is 0 degrees. The current function is that when I input 16 degrees, the output result is still 16 degrees.

But I want it to be converted. result = f (alpha) = (alpha - axis range/2)/(90 - axis range)*90.

What I mean is even if I set an axis range of 30. I can still output the actual angle covered by the axis range, which is to map each quadrant cut out of the axis range to a full 90 degrees, instead of simply covering it.

For example, in the first picture, when I input any direction in the axis range (indicated in red), the result is zero degrees (indicated in black)

Name:	1.png
Views:	366
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	222008
                        Looking at the second picture, when I input any direction outside the axis range (indicated in red), the actual effect in the game is the direction of the black arrow (indicated in black), and the final output range is possible in the axis range Inside, each group of red and black arrows is indicated by a green arrow.

Name:	2.png
Views:	342
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	222009

My focus is on the angle rather than the x and y values.

I think the communication efficiency of a post every day is too low. Do you have any instant chat App?

By the way, I have adjusted the sensitivity of the mouse to the maximum, but it still feels not fast enough.
                        Last edited by ventus; 18.10.2020, 05:52.

Comment

We have Discord chat for faster communication.

But we still can't understand your suggestion, sorry.

When the angle is in axis range, it is converted to zero. When the angle is outside the axis range, it works just like there is no axis range.

when I input any direction outside the axis range (indicated in red), the actual effect in the game is the direction of the black arrow (indicated in black)
                          Is it the behavior you have now? It should not work like this, the angle outside the axis range should not be converted.

By the way, I have adjusted the sensitivity of the mouse to the maximum, but it still feels not fast enough.
                          When exactly your mouse is slow? If you are about the small deflections, seems the Response curve may do the trick here. If your mouse is slow even when the stick is deflected to maximum, seems we need to make the bigger max value. If yes, sure, this could be easily done in one of the next releases.

Comment

We have Discord chat for faster communication.

But we still can't understand your suggestion, sorry.

When the angle is in axis range, it is converted to zero. When the angle is outside the axis range, it works just like there is no axis range.

Is it the behavior you have now? It should not work like this, the angle outside the axis range should not be converted.

When exactly your mouse is slow? If you are about the small deflections, seems the Response curve may do the trick here. If your mouse is slow even when the stick is deflected to maximum, seems we need to make the bigger max value. If yes, sure, this could be easily done in one of the next releases.
                            Yes!You understand my function! But what I mean is I want the angle outside the axis range be converted.
                            Because if it can be converted, it is easy for the player to simulate the mouse while fully horizontal/vertical without losing the Angle covered by the Axis range.
                            Even if I set the Axis range to 30 degrees, I can still input a 20 degree and convert it to a 7.5 degree output to the game.

And,Yeah,I need a much bigger max value of mouse speed,Maybe two or three times as much as we have now.

Finally, there is another proposal that we can consider adding stick acceleration, such as COD, halo and other games have different ways of acceleration implementation.
                            Although I personally don't like stick acceleration at all, there should be a large number of players who do. You can refer to this article.
                            What is aim acceleration? In shooting games, aim acceleration is related to how a physical movement of the input device, such as an analo...

Following the measurement procedure described in part 1 of this article, the aim acceleration characteristics of some popular FPS games on ...

Comment

Because if it can be converted, it is easy for the player to simulate the mouse while fully horizontal/vertical without losing the Angle covered by the Axis range.
                              Even if I set the Axis range to 30 degrees, I can still input a 20 degree and convert it to a 7.5 degree output to the game.
                              Seems we are getting closer to the understanding :satisfied:

So, I will describe my thoughts here:

Let's say, your axis range angle = 20 degrees (+10 and -10 if we look at the axis). With 8 degrees of deflection, you get 0. This seems to be OK right now.
                              If you deflect a stick to 15 degrees, at the moment, you get 15 degrees, but you want to have only 5, right? Or you want the whole "dark" zone to be extended to 90 degrees, so you want lose 45-degree deflection? I hope the second option is just the one.

And,Yeah,I need a much bigger max value of mouse speed,Maybe two or three times as much as we have now.
                              Your suggestion is taken into account.

Finally, there is another proposal that we can consider adding stick acceleration
                              In reWASD, you can control acceleration with Response. We do plan to add more functions for the curve, so I hope it will be exactly the thing you are talking about. Also, the optional possibility to switch the acceleration off is also planned.

Comment

Seems we are getting closer to the understanding :satisfied:

So, I will describe my thoughts here:

Let's say, your axis range angle = 20 degrees (+10 and -10 if we look at the axis). With 8 degrees of deflection, you get 0. This seems to be OK right now.
                                If you deflect a stick to 15 degrees, at the moment, you get 15 degrees, but you want to have only 5, right? Or you want the whole "dark" zone to be extended to 90 degrees, so you want lose 45-degree deflection? I hope the second option is just the one.

Your suggestion is taken into account.

In reWASD, you can control acceleration with Response. We do plan to add more functions for the curve, so I hope it will be exactly the thing you are talking about. Also, the optional possibility to switch the acceleration off is also planned.
                                It seems like I want the second one, extend the 70 to 90. But I don't understand losing 45-degree deflection. If it is the second, shouldn't the input 45 degrees still be 45 degrees after conversion?

Comment

Working...
                                X