Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't swap the yaw and roll axes on a Joy-Con controller.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't swap the yaw and roll axes on a Joy-Con controller.

Hi!
    I've a Joy-Con set up to use its gyroscope with the reWASD software. But the default axis is 'Yaw' and I intend to use the 'roll' axis. I've scrolled down to Preferences — General — Gamepads, checked the option "Gyro steering axis ---> Roll" but the reWASD software doesn't swap the axes with each other, it stays on the default 'Yaw' axis. I've two computers (PC and laptop) and on both I've the reWASD software installed (each one with its corresponding license and with the purchased option of 'Advanced Mapping'). The same issue happens to me on both computers. The Joy-Con controller is original from Nintendo.
    Thank you for your help!!​

Please check if this command works for you.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	296
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	237369
    The second question. Could you show us how you grouped your joy-cons?

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Please check if this command works for you.

Views:	296
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	237369
      The second question. Could you show us how you grouped your joy-cons?
      I've a single Joy-Con controller (the right side or 'R' controller). I don't have the left controller. Could this be the cause that I can't swap the 'Yaw' and 'Roll' axes? Would both controllers be necessary for the axes to work well?

Comment

The "Switch gyro steering axis" command should also be available for the right Joy-con.
        Try mapping it to something and see if the mapping changes the gyro axis.​

Comment

I just tried your suggestion but it doesn't work. The default axis is maintained 😓

Comment

This might be a bug. We'll test it on our side and get back to you with the results.

Comment

Thank you very much for your constant dedication to improve this great software that is reWASD. 👍

Comment

We could not reproduce your issue. Both [Gyro steering axis] option at [Preferences > Gamepads] and the [Switch gyro steering axis] command are working as intended while remapping the right Joy-con.

We assume that you might have some 3rd party software/driver/remapper installed which somehow interferes with this.

Or there was a misunderstanding at some point. I suggest checking this article for information about the gyroscope and what can be done with it in reWASD to clear any possible misunderstandings.

Comment

I don't have any 3rd party software installed on my PC. I've x360ce software but turned off. I've no idea if there is any driver interfering. How can I know the latter?
                  Can I send you short videos or a photo that can help you better with my issue?
                  I attach the remap that I use. It's the only one I've installed in reWASD.
                  Thank you for your interest in helping me.​
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Santi-Tetra View Post
                    I've no idea if there is any driver interfering. How can I know the latter?​
                    Unfortunately, we have no specific instructions on how to find and disable/remove every controller-related driver our there.
                    Though all drivers installed on your system can be found in MSInfo report and removed via DriverStoreExplorer if no uninstaller is available.

Originally Posted by Santi-Tetra View Post
                    Can I send you short videos or a photo that can help you better with my issue?
                    Feel free to post links to your videos here. But make sure the video shows the current state of the [Gyro steering axis] option, your controller, and our virtual controller tester or [Gamepad Tester] site.

Comment

I've created a video about the behavior of the "Gyro steering axis" of my right Joy-Con showing it in the X and Y axes (in Windows). I've uploaded it to YouTube in hidden mode. This is the link:

Again, thanks for everything!​

Comment

I'm wondering. What do you want to achieve with this? Probably, you just need to change the Gyro mode to Gyro mode instead of Tilt mode

Comment

Hi.
                          I just updated reWASD to the latest version that you have released. However, in my case the same problem persists.
                          I'm attaching a link to a new video where I show you the behavior of the controller in Windows with "Tilt vs. Gyro" in both "Yaw" and "Roll" modes respectively.

As always, thanks for your ideas and your initiatives.​ 😃

Comment

I would like to start with the fact that you don't need to go to Preferences every time and change this parameter. As I mentioned before, we have a special command for this action.

Then, I will try to clear the air with "Yaw" and "Roll" modes. So, based on your first video, where you adjusted Yaw mode and tilted the controller forwards and backward, it seems that X-axis doesn't work. but it should not work in this mode, as you should tilt the controller as a steering wheel in this case.

After you have changed the mode to Roll, you start to tilt the controller as a steering wheel, but in this mode, you already need just tilt the controller.

The gyroscope may also be inoperative if you accidentally hit the axis

I also added the picture that might help to figure it out how it works in reWASD

I suggest setting up the mode in the Preferences and leaving from that page. Then, add the command and switch between modes on the fly. I guess that the difference will be more clearly

Views:	397
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	237493

Comment

I use Joy-Con on reWASD a lot and for me the Gyro Steering Axis toggle in Preferences > Gamepads works as it is supposed to. I can also confirm that this works with singular JoyCon and not only grouped (two) JoyCon. Here is a video of me showing how it works on Roll (default) and then switched to Yaw https://youtu.be/CajBTcMQkrk?t=215 (timestamp 3:55)

Comment

Working...
                              X