Can't edit/create/activate profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't edit/create/activate profiles

For some reason whenever I try and do anything in ReWASD that requires editing actual files it gives errors, when I try and Apply/edit a profile it gives me this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	reWASD_1.png Views:	1 Size:	6.8 KB ID:	200816
    When I try to add a new profile it says this:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	reWASD_2.png Views:	1 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	200817
    I've tried running on Admin mode, and turning off my antivirus (MalwareBytes), none of those solutions have worked. This happens no matter what profile I try to edit.

Hello!

Does this issue appeared after the update to reWASD 4.1?

Comment

I am not 100% positive, this issue started either yesterday or today.
      Having said that, I uninstalled and installed it again to see if it helped (to no avail), so now I'm 100% on the newest version
      Maybe this will be useless information, but when reinstalling it said I didn't have the 'controller binding drivers' or something like that, which were installed shortly afterwards. Also, the installer gave an error after finishing, all files were there still.

Comment

That is pretty strange and looks like the system glitch.

I would kindly ask you to try the clean re-installation one more time.

1. Uninstall reWASD
        2. Back up the files from "C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD" - just copy it to some other directory in case you need all your configs
        3. Remove the folders with configs, profiles, controller connections: "C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD" and "C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD"
        4. Reboot your PC
        5. Install reWASD again, reboot your PC
        6. Try to create and save any config

If it is OK, you may also try to copy the previous content of "C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD" to see if it works now.

Comment

Oddly enough, the first Rewasd installation didn't actually install, it just put the files in the proper place, but I couldn't remove it through Control Panel, for example.
          Installed again, it gave me these two messages in a row.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	reWASD_3.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	200011Click image for larger version

Name:	reWASD_4.png
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	200012
          It then promptly crashed.

Comment

If you restart the GUI, the messages are the same?

Comment

Restart the GUI as in, restart the program? The first message now includes the admin emblem, but besides that, exactly the same
              Click image for larger version

Name:	reWASD_xqtD1KGsOk.png
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	200013

Comment

Yes, restart the app, exactly.

If you press Start, you got the second error still?

Comment

Yes, save for the emblem nothing changed. Crashed after the 2nd window as well.

Comment

I see. This message comes when driver — the core part of reWASD app — is not installed to the system properly. It may appear after the system updates too.

Have you re-installed reWASD from scratch? Are you sure that during the re-installation you have rebooted the OS (two times)? Please note that you actually need to reboot the system, nit just turn the computer off and then on.

Comment

I definitely rebooted whenever it was asked of me, that did not happen twice during the installation, though.

Comment

Could you please type "Windows update settings" in Windows menu and open them? Then press "View update history" link. Are there any new installations that has come recently?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                          Have you re-installed reWASD from scratch?
                          Yes
                          Are you sure that during the re-installation you have rebooted the OS (two times)?
                          I did so whenever the installer asked (which as I recall it was just once during uninstall and another time during install), should I have done so more times?
                          Please note that you actually need to reboot the system, nit just turn the computer off and then on.
                          I did in fact restart, rather than turning my system off and on

Comment

Sorry for so many questions, we are a bit confused too.

What about the Windows updates? Your issue may be caused by the latest KB or some security update that haven't been installed properly. May I ask you to check the latest system updates and try to uninstall the one that has come recently?

Comment

My situation changed a bit. I ran some 3rd party software to scan my system to possible errors, and after fixing the issues, I reinstalled.
                              Rewasd didn't run any errors during installation and installed just fine, but I am now back to square one, trying to edit/create/apply profiles results in the same errors I specified in my first post.

Comment

Working...
                              X