No announcement yet.

Gyro needs some improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a good supplementary addition to gyro cick. Most of gyro users use it for FPS and the flick sticks it's a perfect addition for that c:

Comment

Flick stick allows you to turn faster when you turn the controller to the big angle, right?
      Am I right, this is for the Mouse mapped to Gyro?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
        Flick stick allows you to turn faster when you turn the controller to the big angle, right?
        Am I right, this is for the Mouse mapped to Gyro?
        Yes exactly, there is a demonstration here it is a good option, a little difficult to learn at the beginning

Comment

Thanks for the details! Yep, we will certainly try to implement this one in our future releases. Won't promise any exact release dates though, but we will do our best :satisfied:

Comment

Unfortunately I don't prefer flick stick mainly because it's limited to rotating the stick on a horizontal plane which is why I vastly prefer using the stick to disable gyro for making large camera movements in all angles and/or repositioning gyro. I agree that flick stick is a good idea but it's just not for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by SenkiRei View Post
              Unfortunately I don't prefer flick stick mainly because it's limited to rotating the stick on a horizontal plane which is why I vastly prefer using the stick to disable gyro for making large camera movements in all angles and/or repositioning gyro. I agree that flick stick is a good idea but it's just not for me.
              One more thing to implement
              Will definitely do our best with both mechanics.

Comment

Alright so thanks to the recent update for virtual DS4 with fully native gyro, I was able to use steam input's way for me to handle disabling gyro with the analog stick. However, I also encountered the same problems with it too where gyro wouldn't turn back on sometimes. My actual DS4 controller had no problem with it so I was wondering what might the problem is and I found out that it might be a bug with Rewasd. Steam has a calibration option for controllers and with it I can change the deadzones of the sticks and see a visual representation of it in use.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Deadzone Test 2.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	223322Click image for larger version

Name:	Deadzone Test 1.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	223323
                As you can see in the first image, when the sticks are not touched at all the deadzone is colored black. But in the second image after moving/flicking the sticks, it shouldn't be colored red when it's inside the deadzone so I assume that it's still sending inputs even though I'm not touching the sticks. I thought it might be something wrong with my joycons but it wasn't the case since it also happened to my actual DS4 using Rewasd's Virtual DS4. Without using it there's no problem so it must be a bug or something with Rewasd at the moment. So with that in mind, the original solution of using toggle gyro with stick in Rewasd would've been flawless without this bug.

Comment

You can adjust the deadzone in the advanced stick settings.
                  Check this article.

It can be also adjusted in the virtual gamepad settings.

Comment

Changing the deadzone didn't fix it unfortunately. It still sending inputs like the images I sent.

Comment

Hi there,

Still, I think that this is a stick hardware issue. Deadzone is zone of analog control, where nothing happens. So, if the stick is too sensitive or slightly damaged due to long use, make the deadzone bigger to avoid the accidental actions.

I checked the issue with Steam — https://streamable.com/98oicp. Remapped to virtual Ds4 controller and calibrated it via Steam. As you see, the issue with left stick. The dead zone becomes and stays red when I push the stick and let go, but, it's became black one when I slightly push the stick being inside the dead zone circle.

So, this is definitely hardware stick issue.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I don't know about that though I just believe there might be something on Rewasd's side. Like I said my actual DS4 without using the remap have no problems with the deadzone staying black inside the deadzone but when I try using Rewasd it becomes red sometimes. I doubt there's anything wrong with my joycons either since I bought pretty much very recently and using another software called BetterJoy for remapping my joycons, it doesn't have that problem either.

Comment

Hello,

I see. If you don't mind, to make sure, that we're digging in the right direction :

— Create a virtual controller.
                          — Change a deadzone via Steam, calibrate a virtual DS4 via the Steam.
                          — Check if you get the same behavior.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                            Hello,

I see. If you don't mind, to make sure, that we're digging in the right direction :

— Create a virtual controller.
                            — Change a deadzone via Steam, calibrate a virtual DS4 via the Steam.
                            — Check if you get the same behavior.
                            Yes this is what I did as well. I also tried reinstalling Rewasd as well but no dice either.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your testing. Will try to check it from our side as well. Will update you as soon as we get some results.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                                Hello,
                                We have released a new ver. 5.5 where you may check improved gyro functionality. Please, check a new version and send us your feedback. More details regarding the new version this post.

Thank you in advance.
                                Yeah, this is much better. Please keep working on the improvements though.

Comment

Working...
                                X