Gyro needs some improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mikaha21 View Post

Yeah, this is much better. Please keep working on the improvements though.
    Hello!

What exactly looks wrong on gyro emulation from your side?

Comment

SenkiRei I am sorry for a dumb question but could you point me to the Steam's setting that lets you switch the gyro off when the stick is deflected?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
        SenkiRei I am sorry for a dumb question but could you point me to the Steam's setting that lets you switch the gyro off when the stick is deflected?

This is what I use

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. I have checked it with Joy-Cons remapped to the virtual DS4 controller, and I can't reproduce the issue you have. Here is a screenshot from my Steam client:

Click image for larger version  Name:	0e21a1f25d.png Views:	0 Size:	540.2 KB ID:	223555

Once I have just opened it, both circles were red, but if I deflect the stick slightly and leave it back, both circles become black.

Here are my thoughts now:
          We have a small issue with the dedazone for the virtual stick, it is not saved to the config now. The bug is confirmed, and we are working to resolve it and hope to release the fix in a week or something like that. I am pretty sure that enabling a bigger deadzone should fix this issue.

If it doesn't work, I am not sure how we can help here, because it seems to be the specific way of how Steam detects the sticks. Usually, we check the configs using this tool, and I do not see the issues with the virtual controller here. Also, you are using the outer-ring binding, and I am not sure if it is possible to lower it to zero with that slider.

Comment

I'm just really curious though because both Rewasd's toggle gyro mapping on stick and my Steam Input's disable gyro with virtual DS4 have the same problem where it wouldn't work reactivate gyro after deflecting the stick sometimes. Using steam's controller calibration, I thought the problem might be what I'm seeing there where the deadzone color would stay red sometimes after deflecting the stick no matter what deadzone size, so I figured there might be a potential correlation here. Anyways, sorry for joining me on what might be a wild goose chase.

Comment

I hope in one of the next versions, we will make the option to mute gyro if the stick is active, so you won't need to mix both apps to achieve the desired behavior

Comment

Hello!

We have updated the latest version of reWASD — now Affect gamepad behavior for games option is saved to the config and lets you change the deadzone for the physical and virtual controller. Would be grateful if you install the latest build from our website to check it. I think, with this fix, you should be able to increase the deazone a bit so Steam doesn't detect always-moving sticks.

Comment

Yep just tried out the deadzone settings and put a slight deadzone and it fixed the problems I had with gyro not reactivating in rewasd and steam input.

Comment

Yay! Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Hey guys, we have released reWASD 5.8 version that includes Flick Stick functionality and many other things you can check here. Would be happy to get your feedback

Comment

Working...
                      X