Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option to lower the Shortcut press time even more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execute at once combo won't work either , there are two problems with it.

1. The jumping height is fixed and limited because of the macro timing. (By using Execute at once mode). Most games let you jump higher if you holding the jumping key longer, You can not control the height anymore with it so i called it a deal breaker. (Sorry , i should explain it better, my bad)

2. Again, the shortcut mode will affect the timing even with the macro , you can set it to 10ms , but it will execute that as 8xms for every tap (but it is still better than 3ms or 1xxms... XD) So the character will drill longer by itself when you using any mode of macro .

I don't know what will happen or not, but i will keep using the script to smooth out the shortcut timing for every games. It is kind of unnatural but i believe it give me the best result and really solid , I am happy to live with that

Comment

Oh, got your point about different press times for the Jump button. Interesting.

Hope your solution works as you wish. Let us know about your findings.

Comment

You guys can look into this
        https://www.autohotkey.com/board/top...ording-script/

This one is basically shortcut mode but written by AHK.
        The related keys will keep a timing which is very close to native(the game react normally) and it let you to set the timing of keywait/delay you need.

Sadly this script got it's own bug (holding one of the related key for a time and press the other one will mostly trigger the target key...........)
        But if it give any idea to improve the key timing of shortcut mode then that will be great.

Comment

I can't promise anything, but we'll take a look at this script with the team. If there is news, or we need more information, we will let you know.
          Thank you for your initiative.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	v2.png
Views:	191
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	232065

Just upgraded my retiming script for the shortcut mode keys to V2.

1. The Jumping height are now matched with the native jump (tap/hold , from 80-90% to 100%) , you can't tell the different and it fixed not just one game.

2. Input blocking are fixed. (Found this issue after finished Forged In Shadow Torch with keyboard + shortcut mode )

With the old script
            Holding JUMP(j) > Holding Attack(k) > Release JUMP > Press/Holding Jump (< this input is blocked until Attack is released)

I am happy with the shortcut mode + the retiming script V2 , so no hurry take your time.

Comment

Hey there!

I am not to fluent with AHK, and so I do not understand some things. If it is OK, please describe with more details. I can see that you send 2 key-up events for K (attack). You are sending to of them to be sure that the game understands the the key is released? It is not possible to send key-up only event in reWASD, our Combos are working in a more native way

As for the final configuration, it seems that using the script, you bypass the delay reWASD adds to the buttons used in a Shortcut. I assume if you press both button together, you get everything at once — K, J, H. This is not allowed in reWASD because our idea of the Shortcuts lets you get a Shortcut mapping without the original input from both keys used there.

Comment

I know only a bit about AHK, the whole thing is basically trial and error thing.

[I can see that you send 2 key-up events for K (attack).
                I don't trust anything , so i force it to do twice. It won't hurt
                BTW, the numpaddot up selection are the most illogical thing of the script. It will produce extra J when ndot is pressed, but all the games i tested will treat it as one press, with or without the shortcut mode on... That thing will fix the height of the jumping. So... Oh well...

I remember you can do key-up thing in rewasd, anyway...

you get everything at once — K, J, H.
                Actually i don't think about that one. But by the power of rewasd it will only output H.
                The fact is Ahk will always be the last one to modify/process any last output from any device or software.

Here is my guessing.
                At the Rewasd side , it only handling the n0 and ndot for the shortcut and will not affected by any remapping of ahk. (No just because it got a higher priority but also ahk are not a Physical or Virtual device.)

When the shortcut is triggered , n0 and ndot are chorded (rewasd magic). Ahk got nothing to remap at that moment. So H will be the only output.

-----

KB hardware > Rewasd output > AHK output > Final output

1 native > set 1 to 2 > set 1 to 5 > press 1 = 2

1 native > set 1 to 2 > set 2 to 9 > press 1 or 2 = 9

Comment

Forgot to say, option to lower the shortcut press time at rewasd still are the . The smaller the delay the better for everythings.
                  Just add a warning for those who set it lower than 50ms if necessary.

Comment

Frankly speaking, I can't understand why it works But if it works, there is nothing wrong.

I do remember about being able to set the lower time. We will try to add this option soon.

Comment

Hello!

Please check the latest reWASD 6.2.1 version — it will let you minimize the Shortcut Press time up to 20ms. Other novelties are described in our announce post.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	55555.png
Views:	151
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	232488

Comment

Working...
                        X