Lost Ark reWASD movement + autoaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Ark reWASD movement + autoaim

Ive been hearing a lot about some people getting auto aim and movement working but others say its not possible. Ive tried it myself and the game does not recognize the mouse cursor as where it needs to face if a skill is used. Movement works fine, is it possible at all? Maybe even with the paid version?

For people that are not familiar with lost ark: Its like a diablo click to move game and uses your cursor to point the character to where it auto faces after using combo skills

Hey there!
    I haven't played Lost Ark, but we've come across similar requests before. It seems that the specifics of the game does not allow you to freely switch between inputs.

The game requires point + click to move with the mouse, however, when using the left stick, the movement control changes.

So as a solution, users remap the physical WASD keys to the directions of the left stick, thereby achieving WASD movement. (I guess you did it anyway)

In our community, users post configs that implement convenience for playing on the controller, but for the keyboard and mouse there is no working solution for the so-called auto aim, only WASD movement.

Perhaps if you describe in more detail how it should work, we can find a solution or a workaround.

Comment

I am not quite sure how it works but it seems like with a controller, one of the toggles moves the cursor and it moves the character towards the direction of the cursor when a skill is performed.

What I think the problem is, is that I dont think you can remap a toggle with the mouses laser movement if that makes sense? It registers the cursor, gaming mouse side buttons and the clicks but not the auto-aim. "Its there but not there" is the best way I can describe it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hello!

Could you please specify which physical device you are using? Is it a gamepad or a keyboard and mouse?

Comment

Its a keyboard and mouse

Comment

In this case, please try to use stick movement for WASD, just like I have it here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	d7d786271e.png
Views:	1752
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	230350

You will need to apply this config for the Keyboard only (as it seems that Lost Ark is OK with using both KBM and controller together).

Also, you need to ensure that controller's auto aim settings are on in the game itself — Skill Aim Assist, I assume.

Please let me know how it goes — if it doesn't help, we will try to create a full config that switches your keyboard and mouse to the virtual controller.

Comment

I think I know what the issue is as I play Lost Ark myself. Remapping joystick/gamepad to WASD is simple, but the functionality of the game changes for gamepad users where skills go off in the direction the character is facing rather than where the mouse is pointing.

I've spent a good 40+ hours into this and have a decent solution to make skills go off in the mouse direction but I'm waiting for reWASD's new update on shift layers which will hopefully make it work. If it does work I'll make a guide and release the remap.

Comment

Originally Posted by ChillBear View Post
                I think I know what the issue is as I play Lost Ark myself. Remapping joystick/gamepad to WASD is simple, but the functionality of the game changes for gamepad users where skills go off in the direction the character is facing rather than where the mouse is pointing.

I've spent a good 40+ hours into this and have a decent solution to make skills go off in the mouse direction but I'm waiting for reWASD's new update on shift layers which will hopefully make it work. If it does work I'll make a guide and release the remap.
                What is your solution?
                How will the new update to shift layers make this work?

Thanks, the WASD + mouse aim not working properly is pretty much the only reason I can't enjoy Lost Ark.

Comment

We have been preparing a big remodeling in the direction of Shift mode, and it is quite possible that what ChillBear or some of the players of Lost Ark conceived will be able to implement what many players want.
                  I still don't understand how this should work in the game, because Lost Ark works in a very interesting way with the input of the controller and kb&m, as well as their intersection.

Comment

You can try out one of my remaps I've been testing on soulfist.

You're able to move the character with WASD and send attacks in the direction of the mouse most of the time, but because how I've set this up to work we've got WASD and skills using turbo to rapidly send commands. Naturally, if you're using turbo to rapidly send commands to control your character with WASD, and then turbo to aim skills in the opposite direction this creates a conflict which command your character should do. Most of the time it'll use a skill in the direction of the mouse but sometimes this won't happen because the turbo from WASD conflicts. My theoretical solution will be to disable WASD with shift layers while a skill button is being pressed. The new update should allow shift layer maps to be sent seamlessly without having to repress the shift layer key, I hope.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks but cursor aim still wont work. I think the actual problem is that the controller does not recognize cursor aim because I believe a controller doesn't have a cursor. So if you remap your keyboard to a controller, it removes access to cursor aim for attacks. I am gonna bet that it gets disabled when you check the "Use gamepad" option" I tried to remap cursor movement on the controller using NUM pad but it still doesnt work. I'll post videos of controller VS keyboard+mouse when i get a chance in the reWASD discord.

Comment

Originally Posted by Elmatta View Post
                        Thanks but cursor aim still wont work. I think the actual problem is that the controller does not recognize cursor aim because I believe a controller doesn't have a cursor. So if you remap your keyboard to a controller, it removes access to cursor aim for attacks. I am gonna bet that it gets disabled when you check the "Use gamepad" option" I tried to remap cursor movement on the controller using NUM pad but it still doesnt work. I'll post videos of controller VS keyboard+mouse when i get a chance in the reWASD discord.
                        This is my experience aswell.. as long as you have the "gamepad" option checked in-game, you lose the mouse aim that default kb+m offer.
                        The only way to achieve WASD and real mouse aim is to find a way to disable gamepad mode when using skills...
                        Or implement WASD movement without having to use gamepad grouping.. maybe WASD tied to mouse right click and mouse movement somehow..

Comment

Originally Posted by gamerchamp View Post

This is my experience aswell.. as long as you have the "gamepad" option checked in-game, you lose the mouse aim that default kb+m offer.
                          The only way to achieve WASD and real mouse aim is to find a way to disable gamepad mode when using skills...
                          Or implement WASD movement without having to use gamepad grouping.. maybe WASD tied to mouse right click and mouse movement somehow..
                          I was literally just thinking about that in my head at work last night lol, the only possible way that we can get it to work is to mimic clicks of the mouse in a macro without moving the cursor. Setting a macro to click your screen relative to the game at whatever coords slightly above, behind, to the left and to the right of your character and bind them to WSAD. Repeat = 1? I think you would also have to bind intetcardinals with two letters? Not sure how stable a macro program would be if you were pressing macros that often

Comment

Hey guys! We have released a new version with extended Shift mode — maybe you could find some new solutions in this one

Do not hesitate to download from the official site.

Comment

Testing out the new rewasd functions - working perfectly so far, able to shoot skills in any direction my mouse is. Going to keep working on it but so far so good!

Comment

Working...
                              X